About Me

My photo
I'm a new blogger! Hope you Enjoy!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 206 - White Balance

I just wanted to show the two white balances I like to explore when I take my pictures. When shooting outside, I usually toggle between the "daylight/ sunlight" and "shade" white balances. Even if a flower is in  perfect sunlight or is not in the shade, I might set my camera to the shade white balance to give the picture a different feel. Or visa versa. Which one do you like? How do you shoot?

Both of these pictures were:

ISO 200         55mm
0 EV             f/9
1/125

I should mention that this was in direct sunlight.

Here is White Balance Sunny:














Here is White Balance Shade:

5 comments:

  1. good to see you experimenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like to experiment. There is nothing wrong with using different settings. Some of the best inventions were made by people using items in a different way than the norm. With this pair my pick would be the top one because it gives the illusion that the water is cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the one on the bottom - it has a nice golden tone to it, unexpected and inviting. I usually try to match the white balance to the weather, but after seeing your photos, I think I'll experiment with white balance for different effects, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you show the 2 versions. Ny favourite is your processed version as the movement in the water is shown better. I also like the lightning in this one

    ReplyDelete